Thursday, 7 June 2012


My Name is Georgina John and I am from the St. Vincent Girls’ High School. I love teaching and I have been a teacher for over 8 years. At my school I am currently the Head of the IT department where I teach Information Technology at grades 9-11. My students are very receptive and willing to learn.  Most of them however would rather the hands on sessions.
I have a deep passion for ICT integration because I believe it can be a tool used to cater to students with different learning styles. It also provides access to remote learning resources. I hope to walk away from this program with new knowledge of some of the new and emerging technological trends of ICT and ICT management within the classrooms.
At my school ICT is definitely on the front burner as we are encouraged to use some sort of technology within our classrooms. We practice the use of the smart boards and mimeos to help facilitate learning among our students. I have access to computer and internet access at both my home and school. At my school we have two (2) computer labs equipped with about 40 desktops, printer, copy machine, and access to a wireless network.

3 comments:

  1. Georgina, with your IT teaching and your school's activity with ICT integration you are going to be a valuable group member. Your contributions to discussions and wiki pages will be important as you bring your perspective to the mix. Best wishes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looking forward to share... Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very insightful Ms. John. It was a pleasure to read through your wealth of information.

    ReplyDelete