Quite an
informative activity! This reading has really illustrated just how diverse the
average classroom can be. There are so many ways children can learn.
After doing some introspection, I obviously have not been effective in tailoring
my teaching and assessment methods to meet the diverse needs of my students.
The readings reminded that my students are all different and that they don’t
always learn the same way. Am also reminded that I should always cater for
diversity within my classroom with effective planning, analysis and assessment
methods. One assessment method cannot fairly assess all students, at the same
time, all the time because each student possesses different learning styles. I now need to review my syllabus and
learning objectives, and find ways in which to tweak my lessons around some of
the intelligences identified by Gardner. The Bloom's Taxonomy is also important
to look at and come up with some appropriate assessments methods that addresses
the different domains so as to have a more rounded approach that caters to the
diverse learning abilities that may exist in my classroom.
No comments:
Post a Comment