These activities were very interesting. I was able to learn
more about PBL from my readings, colleagues and research. Project Based
Learning is a teaching
method in which students gain knowledge and skills by working for an extended
period of time to investigate and respond to a complex question, problem, or
challenge. A benefit of PBL is that it’s student-centered. It’s a great
way for learners to be involved in their own learning process by using their higher
thinking skills in an investigative approach in order to solve problems
Activity 4 - Project
planning goals
This Activity was a very simple and exciting activity. We
were expected to identify a final project idea, Link the project idea with
curriculum outcomes, identify 21st Century skills to develop during the project
and Write project learning objectives. I enjoyed reading about my other colleagues’
ideas and how they plan to improve their project.
This activity was a bit of challenge for me. We were to describe
the difference between an essential, unit and content question, develop a
question that frames learning and assess curriculum-framing questions. I’ve
learnt that Essential Questions promotes critical thinking, Unit Questions supports
learning goals and Content Questions addresses important factual knowledge.
Assignment 1
The assignment was a bit challenging but in the end I completed
it and on time. We were expected to incorporate everything that’s we’ve learn
thus far. These includes Project idea, learning objectives and Curriculum-framing
questions.
Activity 7 – 9 Introduction
to WebQuests, Setting the scene of a WebQuest and Understanding group roles in
a project
This activity lead us to an introduction to WebQuest, how
we can evaluate a WebQuest and some advantages of participating in a WebQuest. Group roles helps
to keep learners engaged and gives them a sense of belonging. In
my opinion, it is an exciting way to learn and encourages 21st century skills.
This method of teaching using web quest is one that I will continue to use within
my classroom when doing projects.
Activity 10 – 12 Finding
resources, The Project Process and Learning Support
In these activities we were to identify a strategy for
finding good resources for your project, find and evaluate good Internet
resources, identify in which areas the students require support and include
learner support resources in the WebQuest. This entire module has helped me to plan
and experience the realities of project-based learning (PBL) which includes a
range of activities and approaches to teaching and learning. In addition I’ve
learn about the implications for classroom management in PBL. I enjoyed creating
the Students Support Documents to help guide my students as to what exactly are
the requirements of the project.
Assignment 2
I really enjoyed the challenge of this assignment
although it was very time consuming and I had problems
finding an effective way to begin. From the creation of the WebQuest
file, to the student support documents and the assessment tool document, it was truly a learning experience.
I have managed to
complete my draft and final submission on time. Now I await the final module … YESSS!
No comments:
Post a Comment